New Announcement from Nokta Makro

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nokta Makro Detectors Official Users Group

Siren Kimmie Price · tS13t1h1a435oe7ci0mh ·

Good morning! (Or evening) To address a concern we have been seeing regarding the economic situation in Turkey, Dilek has asked that I relay some information to help alleviate any fears with regard to production and pricing of The Legend. Yes, it is true, Turkey is having serious issues with their economy at present. In fact, the price of doing business in most industries across the globe has gone up. Even metal detecting manufacturers are not immune. However, due to the fact that Nokta Makro's components and pricing are in US dollars, the economy in Turkey does not affect Nokta Makro as badly. They are still financially strong and have been able to assume the increased costs without having to pass this on to the customers. So, there has been no price increase.
Further, Nokta Makro understands the delays have been frustrating. However, the delays were necessary as they listened to and applied tester (and end user) suggestions. One of the most loved things about Nokta Makro is that they involve the end user in product development. The machines are essentially "built by the customer, for the customer." This is at the very heart of Nokta Makro's business model, which enables them to manufacture machines suited to meet the needs of metal detectorists across the globe.
Hopefully, this helped answer some questions. Dilek will do a live update very soon, so please hold any further questions until that time. Thank you for your patience!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still, the fact is the cost of doing business in Turkey is affected by their economy, the cost of electricity alone is being raised 125% for businesses, natural gas prices are increasing 50% for businesses too.

When energy prices increase the prices on everything else follows, the cost of production increases as raw material prices, transportation costs, and overhead costs increase. Businesses will increase prices eventually.

I am not wishing for or hoping for any problems for Nokta, just stating the fact massive inflation affects businesses and they can only absorb the increased costs for so long before they have to pass them along to the consumer.

If Turkey's leaders don't reverse course on their economic policy very soon the future looks bleak for businesses and citizens in Turkey. You just can't keep lowering the interest rate when you have rampant runaway inflation.

"According to state statistics service TurkStat, annual inflation in 2021 was 36 percent, the highest in the last 19 years.

However, independent researchers believe that the real figure is much higher. A group of independent economists and academics from the Inflation Research Group, ENAG, said on January 3 that the real inflation rate in 2021 was 82.81 percent."

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In time for St. Patrick's Day!
All these 65-70 degree days in Arizona just slipping away LOL thank god I can use the Simplex plus I purchased for my grandson although he likes to tag along which forces me to use my Xterra 705, its pretty bad when a 13 year old newbie beats the pants off of an old man with the detector that the old man purchased for the newbie I love it LOL

Could not resist Terry you opened the door LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread