What's new

New Bank Fee.... UPDATE!

CaptainRobin

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
579
Reaction score
59
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got after the tellers at my local bank after the third "I forgot" to order boxes from the girls behind the counter. I don't think I got outta hand, but did express my belief that "I forgot" is NOT an acceptable excuse.

Within a week I received a letter from the branch manager informing me there would be a 2% order fee to do "special coin orders" and a 2.5% fee to deposit coin.

And I ain't EVAH redeposited in this bank........

Lemme see....... a grand a week in half orders equals $20 in ordering fees........

I wanna deposit a grand TO MY ACCOUNT and they want to charge me $25?

I don't think so.

Do these idiots know how much money I have in their bank? How much comes in each month in direct deposit?

I ain't gonna stand still for this.

Stay tuned.....

Battle updates will follow................

Robin
 
Upvote 0
Re: New Bank Fee....

Sounds like a great developing story - keep us updated.

You should find lots of great ammo from many of the similar posts on this forum.

I'm bettin fitty cents on you, Cap!
 
Re: New Bank Fee....

Is that deposit fee for just halves? If not, then I would think they would have to charge ALL customers the fee for all deposits. If it is for halves wouldn't they have to charge everyone that deposits halves the fee? Now, if they treated EVERY customer that way, I would think they'd lose clientel very quickly.
 
Re: New Bank Fee....

I wish you luck. My order bank and my deposit bank both are quite nice to me. But I have the fear that one day I'll have an experiance much like yours. While I have 3 different accounts with my dump bank I don't think any have quite the ammount that would possibly give me any leverage. I usually dump around 1000 with the max near 1500 per week.

Go up a level and talk to someone about the real policy before getting mad. And good luck!
 
Re: New Bank Fee....

Give em hell CR. Keep us posted. I'm pulling for ya!
 
Re: New Bank Fee....

I had my dump bank call and want to charge me a fee. My situation was a little different. I set up the account just for a dump after being told:
A. There was unlimited use of the coin machine
B There was no fee's for the use of the coin machine

After about a month and the day after dumping $945, I got a call the next morning informing me "Well you have run $4600 through our machine since you started the account a month ago."
Now we need to charge you.
NOT

Read the rest of the story in my post linked below,
Dump Bank Called, Tried to Charge Me, Ha Ha, NOT
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,93667.0.html
It might give you some insight of how to deal with them.
 
Re: New Bank Fee....

Alright, boys and girls..........

I still haven't gone down and confronted the branch manager. I don't like this woman, she ain't been worth a flip as far as I'm concerned for the past five years, but local banking is local banking.....

She didn't want to talk to me a few years ago about doing a home loan and using my VA eligibility to secure the loan.

Then I asked about using my capital in savings as security, borrowing against it, about a home loan, and, why, can you imagine this, that would work.

Sometime soon, she and I will have a sit down and clear the air.

I did notice she did NOT CC her letter to me to the home office/other branches.

This is gonna be fun. Don't play FF with me. I got a business degree too.....

Robin
 
Re: New Bank Fee....

She sounds ignorant and dangerous to her employer and to her self. When you start talking about home loans there are some clear guidelines she has probably violated that carry serious penalties.
Blow her in and get her terminated.
 
Re: New Bank Fee....

CaptainRobin said:
This is gonna be fun. Don't play FF with me. I got a business degree too.....

Robin
You go get um. Sounds like she has a BS Degree as in Bull %(#*$(...........LOL
 
Re: New Bank Fee....UPDATE!

Well......

I told y'all there'd be an update.

There was........

Took me from July to the end of October, but I ain't been to town. Shucks, folks, it's over twenty miles.....

Prior tellers are working at different banks.... I see 'em stopping in and buying coin. They all tell me "You should switch to this bank ~ service is much friendlier."

The general manager isn't there any longer ~ another general manager is sitting in her past office and behind her past desk.

Had a talk with this 'un, and notes were taken on the scanned copy of the letter I provided her which I received in July.

Got the cock and bull story about fees concerning ordering coin, and business accounts being charged for them. Told 'em "If you're going to charge me to withdraw or deposit coin into my account in your bank, considering how much I have on deposit here, and the amount of money this bank is making by adding my assests to the bank's bottom line each month, I think I'll just take my money elsewhere." I got a look.... then "Let me get your phone number."

Got a call the following day......

They'll be happy to order coin for me, since "You have an account with us."

Too bad the last boxes there sucked. I'll have to try again.

Robin
 
Good progress!
Persistance pays off - maybe there will be some good boxes cycling through there about now!
 
Re: New Bank Fee.... ME TOO!

My bank just told me they "might" need to charge me to order coins after this next week. And, I have $498K in that bank right now.

I told the manager that it is a LOT of money, and they make a lot off of me, and the only thing I do that is a drain on them is order coin. So, I give them a lot, and take only one thing, and they want to charge me for that? Nope. I told them I would pull all accounts (A pain, but I would) if they won't give me the little service I ask for in bringing me four boxes of pennies each week.

We'll see what they say next week when I go to pick up.
 
Re: New Bank Fee.... ME TOO!

jrf30 said:
And, I have $498K in that bank right now.
I ask for in bringing me four boxes of pennies each week.
If I had that much, I'd be searching hundred dollar bills........LOL
 
I don't know why banks have such different polices. I just had a bank order me 2 boxes without me having an account. They said I would have to pay a fee if I didn't have an account but wanted to get boxes on a weekly basis. They will order them for free if I have any kind of account with them so Monday I'll open a basic savings with $100.
 
I think it really goes back to the age old problem of attitudes of different people in different places. Every branch has it's own personality.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom