New coil for CTX, 10/5?

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Looking for some reviews on this new coil from coiltek, and body have one or seen a review? ?
Just curious. .
Thanks George.

Did a BANNER find with this coiltek coil..

attachment.php

IMG_0650.JPG

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/beach-shallow-water/448111-550-bc-coin-found-scuba-detection-ctx.html#post4360509

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats Frog.
So its your go to coil?

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a good coil but to be honest a nightmare underwater, absolutly not designed for. This coil is 2x more heavy then the 11" stock coil... "Small but heavy".

It's a perfect coin machine for trashy areas without loosing too much depth. Why are you interest about this coil?

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only hunt old homes from the 1700s, and there full of iron, I dont really like the 6inch coil.
I believe i lose alot of depth, and the signals are not to clear with it..
So I was looking for a better coil for separation, and with more depth then the 6inch.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
uhmmm, 6" coil is the best you can find on the market for trashy area.. The 10x5 is ok for depth (a bit less then the 11") and love low tones signals. You won't have a better separation for sure, just a gain in sensibility.

I'm used to hunt is VERY trashy areas and most of the time I take my DEUS, faster then the CTX (!)

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course the 6 inches is not as deep at the pro-coil, but for most sites it's deep enough. The 6 inch is about having as few targets under the coil at once as possible so that you can find the keeps in the middle of all that iron junk. The 10x5 is better at seperating targets than the pro, but not as good as the 6. It's probably a little deeper than the 6, but I haven't tried any max depth comparisons just because its such a pain to swap coils.

The 10x5 is a good coil, but it's not my "go to" coil. The stock pro-coil is great in most situations. If I was in REALLY heavy trash I would put on the 6.

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i also own the deus!!
And its great..It will definitely pick up what the ctx misses,
As far as the 6inch, I am not a big fan of it..It just not give me crisp signals, plus i feel like I am swinging a piece of gum on a stick.lol..
I geuss am just looking to spend money??? Lol..
It is alot of money, a $330 dollars. .

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Dowsize the Deus coil if you don't already have it... i had the coil from Coiltek has a "special pack" for beta users... so didn't paid it this amount...keep your money...

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Frog..
I do have the 9inch coil for the deus. .
George

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Frog..
I do have the 9inch coil for the deus. .
George

Take time geaorge to use the 6" coil. It took me a few hunts to understand this coil. Don't forget to use the Fast response mode of the CTX for your trashy areaq and try different target seperation. NEVER use DEEP and FAST response together. Take your time to spin, CTX is not the DEUS but it is a bit more powerfull.

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok..I never use fast recovery, just deep, I also never use seperation, always open screen.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not talking about discrimination, Target seperation on the CTX is mandatory. LOW TRASH / HIGH TRASH/FERROUS/ETC...

And on infested site, FAST REPONSE is the only way to go and you can try to turn seawater ON. This is the conf I use on very old roman sites full of trash

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok..I got it..I will try it out.
thanks so much.
Oh by the way i find Gary detecting so useful. .
He really knows how to use them detectors.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Uk, france, italy, greece are places where you find top detectorist due to the >3000 years of iron. In Europe iron is everywhere.

Deus are born in france, and trust me the owner of Xp metal is a top detectorist...

OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stuff you guys find over there blows my mind..
If i ever found a roman coin i would be over the moon!!!
Thanks for all your help.
George

streakert

Aug 1, 2013
central Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Minelab CTX 3030,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the post Vino you helped it helped me out, i to work old home sites full of iron, and wanted to buy extra coils for my new CTX, I have noticed with mine that i just dont get many signals deeper than 6/7".
i have both a large and small Coiltec coils for my Explorer and it has made a huge difference in depth and have been wanting to get new coils for the CTX.
now i just need to turn off Deep or fast :laughing7:

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had mine as soon as they came out. I think it is better balanced then the light as crap 6" coil, but I haven't noticed any depth improvement, only a coverage improvement. I was a little surprised and dissapointed that it wasn't deeper than the 6" round coil, but after taking it out enough times, I sure didn't notice it going deeper. I would almost dare-say that it isn't as deep as the 6" but I haven't put them side by side. It is a good coil if you are getting into trash or tight areas, but want more coverage if the areas are a mix of tight and wide-open spots.

I actually sold my 6" coil and it was toss up for me. If they were around the same price, I would have sold the Coil Tech.

If it was closer to the 6" round coil price or cheaper I would get one, but I don't think $369 or even $330 is worth it especially when you can occasionally find a 6" round coil under $225 or less.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vino

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had mine as soon as they came out. I think it is better balanced then the light as crap 6" coil, but I haven't noticed any depth improvement, only a coverage improvement. I was a little surprised and dissapointed that it wasn't deeper than the 6" round coil, but after taking it out enough times, I sure didn't notice it going deeper. I would almost dare-say that it isn't as deep as the 6" but I haven't put them side by side. It is a good coil if you are getting into trash or tight areas, but want more coverage if the areas are a mix of tight and wide-open spots.

I actually sold my 6" coil and it was toss up for me. If they were around the same price, I would have sold the Coil Tech.

If it was closer to the 6" round coil price or cheaper I would get one, but I don't think $369 or even $330 is worth it especially when you can occasionally find a 6" round coil under $225 or less.

I got one last week, and I dont like it..Its not as deep as the 6inch,
And as far as seperation I believe the about the same..
I would give it a thumbs down for the money, get the 6inch

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread