What's new

new fossil find and my collection

huntress104

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
566
Reaction score
483
Golden Thread
0
Location
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
I went to the river in south Christian county KY where I found the coral colony and waded to the other side to hunt a large rock outcrop that bordered that side of the river. I found the "snail fossil" embedded in the limestone chunk that had fallen out of the bluff above. I don't know what species it is but I thought it was the coolest thing I have found yet. I have also included some pictures of the other fossils I have found this year. I arranged them in an aquarium with a hood light for display.
 

Attachments

  • snail fossil.webp
    snail fossil.webp
    36.8 KB · Views: 284
  • snail 2.webp
    snail 2.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 296
  • snail back view.webp
    snail back view.webp
    32 KB · Views: 286
  • snail closeup.webp
    snail closeup.webp
    36.1 KB · Views: 272
  • fossil collection.webp
    fossil collection.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 274
  • fossil collection2.webp
    fossil collection2.webp
    37.3 KB · Views: 267
Nice. :thumbsup:

Fossis...............
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom