Ghondi
Full Member
- Joined
- Jun 26, 2007
- Messages
- 127
- Reaction score
- 1
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Coventry, CT
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher F2
Hi all.
Just thought I would introduce myself.
I'm Ghondi. Its my nickname*ask if you'd like the story behind it*
When I was a child I collected coins I thought were interesting such as Canadian quarters, pennies and dimes, also other foreign coins I was given from family members*haven't left the country myself*.
I haven't truly collected coins, just held onto interesting ones.
I have tried a lot of different hobbies, such as playing guitar, building computers, collecting Zippos, and a lot of other random things...
I gave up on guitars and the others just started costing to much...now I have 2 guitars, 2 Zippos, 2 laptops, and gave away a few computers...
So, I decided after reading this that I will start collecting coins again.
A while back I chose to buy some cardboard*with plastic viewing screen* coin holders and put my coins in them...
I've been reading this board for a little bit and thats what gave me the idea again.
I'm a broke soon to be college student and I do as much as I can to get some money to keep gas in my car.
I sell on eBay, and the flea market and scrap metal as much as I can....
As of today, my new beginning...I had $80 to my name, so put $20 in my tank and took the rest to the bank.
I bought a box of Pennies*$25*(half of them were customer rolls because they didn't have enough for a box of Dunbar coins)
I also got 17 rolls of Nickels*$34*(same situation, only 12 or 13 are Dunbar and the rest customer rolled)
I will probably sell duplicates to pay for more coins, but as for what I'm collecting...ONLY American coins....
PENNIES
-Wheats
-Indian Heads
-ANY 1960 or older
NICKELS
-Buffalo
-Any 1960 or older
If anyone can tell me any other valuable pennies or nickels*keeping the collection cheap for now, as I'm only roll hunting until I can get a metal detector...unfortunately won't be for a long time due to debt, and lack of a well paying job* the information would be very helpful...I'm not sure whats valuable, but would like to learn...this way it gives me something to do and when/if I have children I can pass them on to the kid(s)...
Eventually, once I complete or get a decent amount of coins in my collection, I will move up to dimes, quarters, halfs, etc...*I won't spend any good higher denominations if I come across them in my change, but won't be steadily looking for them*
Later on*tonight or tomorrow* I will post my current collection...(foreign coins, which is most of them, are for sale/trade if your interested).
Once I am done with searching the rolls and box I got today I'll post my finds.
Just thought I would introduce myself.
I'm Ghondi. Its my nickname*ask if you'd like the story behind it*
When I was a child I collected coins I thought were interesting such as Canadian quarters, pennies and dimes, also other foreign coins I was given from family members*haven't left the country myself*.
I haven't truly collected coins, just held onto interesting ones.
I have tried a lot of different hobbies, such as playing guitar, building computers, collecting Zippos, and a lot of other random things...
I gave up on guitars and the others just started costing to much...now I have 2 guitars, 2 Zippos, 2 laptops, and gave away a few computers...
So, I decided after reading this that I will start collecting coins again.
A while back I chose to buy some cardboard*with plastic viewing screen* coin holders and put my coins in them...
I've been reading this board for a little bit and thats what gave me the idea again.
I'm a broke soon to be college student and I do as much as I can to get some money to keep gas in my car.
I sell on eBay, and the flea market and scrap metal as much as I can....
As of today, my new beginning...I had $80 to my name, so put $20 in my tank and took the rest to the bank.
I bought a box of Pennies*$25*(half of them were customer rolls because they didn't have enough for a box of Dunbar coins)
I also got 17 rolls of Nickels*$34*(same situation, only 12 or 13 are Dunbar and the rest customer rolled)
I will probably sell duplicates to pay for more coins, but as for what I'm collecting...ONLY American coins....
PENNIES
-Wheats
-Indian Heads
-ANY 1960 or older
NICKELS
-Buffalo
-Any 1960 or older
If anyone can tell me any other valuable pennies or nickels*keeping the collection cheap for now, as I'm only roll hunting until I can get a metal detector...unfortunately won't be for a long time due to debt, and lack of a well paying job* the information would be very helpful...I'm not sure whats valuable, but would like to learn...this way it gives me something to do and when/if I have children I can pass them on to the kid(s)...
Eventually, once I complete or get a decent amount of coins in my collection, I will move up to dimes, quarters, halfs, etc...*I won't spend any good higher denominations if I come across them in my change, but won't be steadily looking for them*
Later on*tonight or tomorrow* I will post my current collection...(foreign coins, which is most of them, are for sale/trade if your interested).
Once I am done with searching the rolls and box I got today I'll post my finds.
Upvote
0







