Torbay England
Detector(s) used
Mine lab go find 40
Bounty hunter fast tracker
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Hi folks I have a new scoop coming next week, hopefully tomorrow or sometime between then and Thursday . Previously only had a plastic hand scoop and a small trowel , the sand scoop was a dream in the dry stuff but is a dead duck in the wet has it has no strength . The trowel although better was really not up to the job when something was a bit deeper in the wet sand as it did not shift enough sand efficiently .

Anyway hope with the new scoop and my new go find 40 I will find my first gold/ring
I am very pleased with the go find 40 it works well on the wet and on the first time out on Tuesday I found a £1 coin a zippo lighter and a totally encrusted USA 1 cent.

The go find 40 is great as I no longer have a car or motorcycle, and the detector Folds up and fits in my backpack with the scoop and phones. The new scoop has a detachable long handle so cab be used as a short or long scoop, leaving me only a pack and handle to carry. I have so missed detecting with my old bounty hunter fast tracker, I also had a fisher Cz 6 at one time too.
Anyway, thanks for reading , happy hunting ... Paul

Upvote 0

sonnar28

Dec 2, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It sounds like you will have the perfect set up for you. I am intrigued with the Go-Find series of machines, as they are so compact for traveling. Let us know how you do.
Happy Hunting!

Charles

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May there be Gold in your scoop..... Soon!!:skullflag:

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
GL and HH. Those RTG scoops are great

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope your not digging in the wet sand with that scoop, it want hold up in wet sand, handle breaks, it is a good scoop for dry sand though...

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a stainless steel scoop made by RTG. It is a bit heavy but you can use your foot in dry sand or heavy wet sand. I can handle it for about 3 - 4 hours before my arm is tired.

RTG LIGHTWEIGHT STAINLESS WATER SCOOP
(#R790)

OP
OP
J

Jacksparrow1985

Greenie
Mar 13, 2016
Torbay England
Detector(s) used
Mine lab go find 40
Bounty hunter fast tracker
Primary Interest:
thanks all of you, it has arrived, will be going out with it Tuesday and hopefully finding some coins at least, I have got a get gold/ring this year, happy hunting....Paul

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the beach washes out and rock, gravel, shell and hard packed black sand is to much,
don't break your new scoop(learn its limits)! Grab a $15 shovel.... I got one in the pack just in case!
Looing forward to some of your future gold and historic finds :skullflag:!

Last edited:

tony curnick

Oct 14, 2014
Benoni
Detector(s) used
Garret At pro,Garret seahunter Mk 2,Minelab etrac,Minelab 305,one and a half surfmaster pi's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey very nice and easy to transport

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread