New to Petersburg, VA area, Where to?

Jun 21, 2010
Hey folks,
I've recently retired to the the Petersburg, Va area and am interested in doing a little detecting. I've heard that they don't take kindly to digging at the Battlefield Park here in town, and that's a shame. Anyone have any information on any of the surrounding area? What about Fort Lee? It seems like the only land that hasn't been completely developed in the area. I'm sure they must have lots of treasures there being that they are right next door. Any ideas appreciated!

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am quite sure FT.Lee does not allow relic hunting. Best bet is do your research and look for permission on privet property. Stay away from the battle park for sure. Huge finds and posable jail time if you get cought there even if you cross over the line by accident.

hanoverdigger

Oct 27, 2010
Hanover County, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites MxSport Teknetics T2 SE Nautilus 2 b
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at some of the shopping centers. Are there any woods behind them? Look for no trespassing signs....if none are around, go for it. I've done it with some success with no trouble. Good luck.

easttndigger

Mar 25, 2010
Kingsport ,TN
Detector(s) used
Whites vision, MXT
im looking for a place s well will be stationed at ft lee till march, if you find a place and want some company pm me anytime

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions