What's new

New to the search! Would like some advice!

Thank you for the web page. I'm looking at an AT Pro for under $500 right now and I just don't think I could afford the Beach Hunter. With the Holidays here and just buying my first home, money is really tight right now. I can't find a used Beach Hunter period and new they look to be around $900.
 
Thank you for the web page. I'm looking at an AT Pro for under $500 right now and I just don't think I could afford the Beach Hunter. With the Holidays here and just buying my first home, money is really tight right now. I can't find a used Beach Hunter period and new they look to be around $900.
What you do is watch classifieds they do come up...
 
Right. I will continue to monitor them and my local craigslist.
 
Evan, while doing your research don't forget to try YouTube... there are user videos featuring just about every detector out there. If you're still considering the AT Pro, there are hundreds of vids on that machine alone. They give great tips and you can see the machine in action.
 
I am traveling to a deserted island with no tourism so I'm not exactly looking for loose change. There are a few shipwrecks that are pretty close to shore, and I would bet that many of the beaches have never been searched.

You need a PI machine. The beaches you describe shouldn't have much trash, and the shipwreck items you are looking for will most likely be in the wet sand and water.
 
Thank you Boatload and Sandman. I was working with a vendor on purchasing an AT Pro and he actually talked me out of buying the AT Pro due to its lack of depth in the salt water. What a stand up guy.

I believe I may have to go with the Sand Shark with the budget I am on. I appreciate the good advice.

Anyone looking to offload a Sand Shark?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom