What's new

Nice amount of wheats in this box

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2009
Messages
2,074
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't post my cent finds here much but this was the exception. I usually have been getting less than 6-8 per box if lucky but finished up one last night and found 45. Most notable was the 1938, (2) 1940 and a beautiful uncirculated 1958D Red. Lots of common date ones. Some rolls had 2-3 each. Best I have gotten in a while. This box was also loaded with CU which I promptly culled.

Now if the silver finds would just pick up....

HH -- AG
 
Upvote 0
Good score :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I'm always tempted to cents and get one of those ryedales,especially after reading the posts.
I guess the only thing that keeps me from it is the dumps I would end up doing.
Once the halves dry up,I'll switch to dimes,and eventually hit the cents.
HH
Rich
 
AGCoinHunter,

That is a very good box. Working on one myself and only found 4 thus far (oldest 1930). I love cents, and do at least one box per week. Keeps me in the swing of things between picking up halves. Finding an IH is great, too.

apush :read2:
 
Wow, very sweet! You about beat my years total in one box :thumbsup:
 
Nice find on the wheats, about 3X what I have been finding. You said "This box was also loaded with CU which I promptly culled." You are saying that the box with loaded with copper that you promptly damaged???? I don't get it.
 
dave5710 said:
Nice find on the wheats, about 3X what I have been finding. You said "This box was also loaded with CU which I promptly culled." You are saying that the box with loaded with copper that you promptly damaged???? I don't get it.

culled, cull·ing, culls
1. To pick out from others; select.
2. To gather; collect.
3. To remove rejected members or parts from (a herd, for example).

1 & 2...and I guess 3 since I rejected sending CU back to the coin counter.
 
OK, thanks. Your definition is different from the glossary, at the top of the page.
 
nice box, but then wouldnt it mean u picked out or "collected" all of the copper from the box??? not un-collected( :tongue3:) the copper, & left it w/ all of the zinc cents?????
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom