What's new

Nice drive along the upper Arkansas River

tamrock

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
16,407
Reaction score
34,874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't spend a lot of time to take many pictures and I didn't see but a couple deer. These are pretty much all I took driving from Cañon City, Colorado up the Arkansas River and over Fremont Pass. It was much cooler weather up high and I even went through a couple of short rain showers. It looked like town of Leadville was having a BBQ cook-off this weekend as they rerouted the traffic through town and on the way down I70 back to the front range the rush to the hills was getting underway as you can tell by the 4PM westbound I70 line of traffic running bumper to bumper. Anyways it was nice going the opposite direction everybody else was heading.
 

Attachments

  • drive 062218 1.webp
    drive 062218 1.webp
    856 KB · Views: 95
  • drive 062218 2.webp
    drive 062218 2.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 93
Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing.
 
Thank you for sharing!
 
That drive is sure a nice one, I enjoy the winding canyons before Salida and especially the area around Granite! The headwaters are extremely nice! I would like to climb Arkansas Mountain someday. Nice pictures!!!!
 
That drive is sure a nice one, I enjoy the winding canyons before Salida and especially the area around Granite! The headwaters are extremely nice! I would like to climb Arkansas Mountain someday. Nice pictures!!!!
I did climb Mt Elbert some 40 years ago now. Last peak of any kind I hiked up was these Flatirons near home, which are not all that high.
 
Nice scenes, tamrock.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom