✅ SOLVED No clue on small heavy iron piece

2moshers

Dec 23, 2014
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
001.JPG Found this small heavy iron piece yesterday and really have no clue what it may be. Any ideas?

Thanks for the replies. Pretty sure is not an old sprinkler head. Given the location where I found it (have found many things dating from the late 1800s to mid 1900s) I would have to go with a decorative heater/floor plate or crawl space/foundation vent cover. Will wait and see if any other replies come in before declaring solved. Thanks again to all.

Upvote 0
Where did you find it, woods, near old farm house, desert? I'm thinking it might be part of a fancy Victorian grave fence ???

Upvote 0
Where I found it along the creek here in town is now overgrown but during the Victorian age there was a chicken farm there as well as a shoemaker.. Before that it was part of the estate of one of our town's founders. So your thinking it may be part of a fancy grave fence may very well be true? Thanks for your reply.

Upvote 0
With several possibilities I think I will consider this query somewhat solved. I certainly know a lot more now than I did before.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back