What's new

No good deed goes unpunished

Joined
Jan 17, 2011
Messages
46
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kansas
Dropped off some clothes at the goodwill recently, about a month later i went looking for my treasure coins of the Caribbean coin set to show my son. they are British virgin islands solid silver and about twenty in the set. i realized i had stashed them in one of the bags of clothes when we went on a trip to Florida. yeah you guessed it. Gone and on ebay at a local dealer in town. So pissed at myself. the guy would not say who sold it to him, but i know its mine.
 
That's the funny thing about Treasure hunting. The gold always lasts longer than you, and those coins will someday be found again no doubt.
careful about treasure hunting fever, if you grasp too hard at something and lose it, maybe it is for the best.
Heard a story about a guy who dug something of value up, and his partner ended up with it....and the smallpox.
Smallpox vacineation is a must for us.
 
twomtns2002 said:
Heard a story about a guy who dug something of value up, and his partner ended up with it....and the smallpox.
Smallpox vacineation is a must for us.


How in the heck could that happen? I am not calling you or the person who told you this story a liar, but I seriously doubt a smallpox virus can cling to a relic and live that long to be contracted countless generations later. I am thinking this is another urban legend. It just doesnt seem to fit the science at all.
 
Buy them back. Sometimes money is worth less than memories. Right now you have a bad one.
 
chadrack said:
Buy them back. Sometimes money is worth less than memories. Right now you have a bad one.
What a good comment. I agree, if this made you feel so upset, maybe by buying them back will bring your joy back.
 
It is true that no good deed goes unpunished. Life is full of disappointment but think about it this way: A guy heads to goodwill looking to pick up some clothes and finds the treasure of a lifetime for $6.00 and they are half off because they have a blue tag. Maybe you made his day, maybe you made one of the most special moments in his life happen. It is sad that you had lose a wonderful coin collection but the universe will always work itself out. Don't beat yourself up about, I am sure there are many more treasures and memories to be found and had.
 
smallstuff said:
It is true that no good deed goes unpunished. Life is full of disappointment but think about it this way: A guy heads to goodwill looking to pick up some clothes and finds the treasure of a lifetime for $6.00 and they are half off because they have a blue tag. Maybe you made his day, maybe you made one of the most special moments in his life happen. It is sad that you had lose a wonderful coin collection but the universe will always work itself out. Don't beat yourself up about, I am sure there are many more treasures and memories to be found and had.


Nice thought but those bags are emptied and sorted so they were found by a worker probably someone doing community service. the courts send them there to work all the time. So does the creep do the right thing? no he hocks them.
 
This isn't Goodwills fault. It's yours. Just accept that.

I did something similar when I sold an old army footlocker at a garage sale and forgot that I had stashed my (quite literally) brand new $160 boots in it. The guy who bought the footlocker knew exactly what he was doing, scurried off like the cat that ate the mouse... It wasn't until a year later- when looking for those boots- when I remembered where they had been. Oh well. He won, I lost, my own fault for being careless.

If they have sentimental value, buy them back. If they only have monetary value, chalk it up as a monetary loss and forget it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom