Dimendave

Nov 27, 2012
Central Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garret ATP Whites TDI SL.
Fisher CZ-21. Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this under a large oak not far from an old church The block part is extremely metallic. Not sure what its made of but my detector sure loved it! IMAG0756.jpgIMAG0757.jpg

I've seen something similar that had a copper drinking or baptismal cup attached to it as part of a baptismal font in an old church.

Upvote 0
My first thought was an old windmill block weight that somebody had their dog chained to, but thats just a wild guess.

Upvote 0
The chain is built into it. Extremely odd that only certain sides have the holes in them. The first thing I thought was a weight to keep a small dog under control. lol

Upvote 0
I used to be a mechanic and this looks EXACTLY like something I have used. I'm not sure of the size of your find but if it's length is around 8", it is a spacer used on pneumatic and bottle jacks and normally on heavy trucks/equipment. The holes are where it would sit on the jack and the chain is for easy retrieval if it happened to fall off the jack. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Its 7" long, 5 tall and 3 wide. Maybe thats it! Thanks!

Upvote 0
I'm willing to bet! You can confirm at a off-road tire facility near your home. And you are welcome!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back