What's new

Not a bad buy, I think

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2012
Messages
1,479
Reaction score
896
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a pawn shop by work. Picked up a 2001ASE, a 1984 Toronto commemorative proof dollar, a 1934 quarter, a44 merc, and a 46 Roosie for 65 out the door. Not bad, not much over what I was willing to spend.
 
2001 ASE-$30.89
1984 Toronto dollar-$11.58
1934 quarter-$5.59
1944 Merc-$2.24
1946 Rosie-$2.24


$52.54 in silver value, the Toronto dollar has no extra collector's value, but has a mintage of only 133,610 in Business strike format, and 732,542 in proof format.
 
Checking the actual market (eBay), the prices are higher than just bare melt. I have a feeling it's going up so I'm buying in the dips.
 
Any time you come home with silver for around spot price it feels like a treat. Congrats on your purchase.
 
Any time you come home with silver for around spot price it feels like a treat. Congrats on your purchase.

$12.46 over spot is far from a treat in my opinion. Hopefully it will go up before the OP sells.
 
usandthem said:
$12.46 over spot is far from a treat in my opinion. Hopefully it will go up before the OP sells.

If you find ASEs for sale at spot, let me know, i'll buy them. What I paid is right in line with general ase prices. Sure I paid a little more for the q and d's i'll admit.
 
If you find ASEs for sale at spot, let me know, i'll buy them. What I paid is right in line with general ase prices. Sure I paid a little more for the q and d's i'll admit.

I can buy ASE's for $2.99 over spot all day long. That still leaves you paying $9.47 over spot for silver. Not a good buy.
 
Where?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom