What's new

Not Always The Sunshine State

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
⛮ Administrator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
56,431
Reaction score
72,650
Golden Thread
0
Thunder Storm Season

St Pete Beach

19c1571d8b197aa2d70f1590a345e7b3.jpg


More Florida thunder storms.

04ef1faf35739e64543fb2c05554bcc6.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Great pictures TH! Hope those storm clouds can avoid our location come Saturday!!!
 
That is Awesome. Great Photo, We don't see storms like that very Often here. I do love going to the beach and watching them come in when they do and I am not at work.
 
WOW, nice pic's
 
That is a sweet picture. Worthy to hang on a wall.

sponge using smoke signals.
 
Ominus top picture, looks like a storm I got caught in off Mississippi, long long ago.
IIRC it was locally called something like a Willawakee.
Was heading out to sea in channel, suddenly (no warning), I was in the middle of a storm,
almost pitch black in the middle of what was a sunny day. One scary scary storm, taking on more water
than I could get out below the engine.

That top picture looks more like a water spout, bent low than a thunderstorm to me.

Either way, it is just spectacular - Thank you for sharing.





Thunder Storm Season

St Pete Beach

19c1571d8b197aa2d70f1590a345e7b3.jpg


More Florida thunder storms.

04ef1faf35739e64543fb2c05554bcc6.jpg
 
Last edited:
I was going to use the Same word Sir Gala Clad used to describe that first pic

it does look downright Ominous :o


I'd love to see something like that in person.

only thing I've ever seen near like that was a Tire Dump
with 100,000 tires on Fire
laughing7.gif
 
Last edited:
Taken first part of week, not taken by me.... We have had a lot of storms this week,..
 
amazing photo shots
 
That first photo is amazing. Was it taken looking South and is it approaching the coast or leaving?
 
That first photo is amazing. Was it taken looking South and is it approaching the coast or leaving?
Approaching the coast off St Pete beach
 
Couple more of Fla storm pictures..

ceae306bcb94201f8f867150c0025cf3.jpg


4048c0362245e9660eed303cac8a2a63.jpg
 
I can see some idiot in the water... what is he thinking. A few weeks ago I saw a storm approaching the same beach with heavy lightning. I ran for cover but saw idiots still in the water. Guess they do not want to waste any part of their vacation time.
 
Wow! There's actually someone in the water!
 
THOSE PICTURES ARE AWESOME!!!! Thank you for sharing.
 
I would love to see something like that in person as well.
The rub is, that unless you are far enough away, you don't realize what it is or that it is even coming.
Suddenly, you are being tossed around by the seas like a match stick and you can barely see anything.

Fire scares the H out of me having witnessed the carnage and fire/smoke from a several car and tanker truck pile up on the Los Angeles freeway before day break. As well as fireball from a crashed aircraft (tanker) which rose above the top of the ten story building that I was entering.


I was going to use the Same word Sir Gala Clad used to describe that first pic

it does look downright Ominous :o


I'd love to see something like that in person.

only thing I've ever seen near like that was a Tire Dump
with 100,000 tires on Fire
laughing7.gif
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom