Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The town that I live near was founded around a stagecoach stop . It was an old house with a spring in front. Twenty years ago the town's leaders thought having a history museum would draw more people to town. Plans were made, the old depot was donated , and a curator was hired. Everyone was excited, even me. There was plenty of history and artifacts in the barns around the old farms! My neighbor had things that his Grandpa bought 1905 just before he passed away. One item was a beautiful wagon that still looked new! It was green and yellow with the name of the towns hardware store in red. It was donated. When the museum opened he couldn't wait to see his Grandpa's wagon on display! We looked all around the building and didn't see it? One of the guys with us called him over and pointed to the wall, there it was! His grandpa's beautiful wagon had been torn apart and nailed on the wall to look like a "stage coach". The curators response, The stage coach was more appropriate than an old wagon. the big city curator was FIRED! None of us have been back and we advise people not to donate.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions