What's new

Not much found but ended with a LOL and a bit of chagrin

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
12,680
Reaction score
43,404
Golden Thread
1
Location
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tiny green disk mystery solved.









So....I was trying a short hunt and wasn't doing real well. Enjoying, just not finding much.
Anyway, as I was OTWBTTC....I was musing with the Lord and said, "I've been going round
and round in circles today. How about something different to end the day on?" ;)

This was the next hit:

2015 (769).webp
LOL Nuff said? LOL

2015 (770).webp
It almost has an edge like a chisel.

2015 (771).webp
IKEA!?!?!?

2015 (773).webp
I don't know if it's bent or designed that way. :dontknow:

Here's the rest:
2015 (774).webp
2015 (775).webp
2015 (777).webp
2015 (772).webp

The tiny lil copper disk is an unknown.

2015 (776).webp
Seems a bit smaller than a penny. It's pretty green.
And both sides are just as nondescript. :dontknow:

Anyway, a pretty good laugh for me today. I laughed
right out loud at the round & round! :)

I'll be posting the "chagrin" part of the day in another post.

Thanks for peeking!
 
Last edited:
Upvote 18
Ooh, I believe what you have is a rare Chinese made stainless steel Roman fibula brooch. Very nice!
 
It's for chiseling around corners.
I like the green disc, interesting.
 
[SUB]rr[/SUB]Looks like a gynecology tool:laughing7::laughing7:
 
Last edited:
If there are no solder marks, I wonder if the green disk is a CW token? Is it a little colder today? Good day to work inside here in NePa.
 
Well Whadi, not every hunt is going to be epic. The small green encrusted is intriguing.
 
The fork is a Uri Geller drop.
 
Last edited:
Always good to find something different.
Any chance of cleaning up that green disc?
Congrats on your finds.
 
Give the green disc a hot peroxide bath.. Nice finds
 
Your curved item looks like a Chinese boomerang. Why don't you see if you can throw it back & get it to stay there !!
 
Thanks folks, for all the suggestions. None of which helped much. LOL I didn't even know IKEA made tools of any kind! It came off a sports field so unless proven wrong, I'm calling it a spikes cleaning tool. :)

The lil green disk air tests at a solid, unwavering 68. :dontknow:
It is really encrusted though. I doubt if anything is under all that, I have tried one round of peroxide, no help.
But, I've nothing to lose on this one. I don't even know of any coin that small made of copper. :dontknow:

Thanks again!
 
Interesting OTWBTTC walk you had today. Nice!
I have "learned" to be careful what I ask for....because His sense of humor is one of a kind!

I'd say it's a digger tool just for Blingie, he can climb on the handle, jump a few times and out pops the goodie!
....or you can use it to wedge your way back into the house some cold, blingless night!

Interesting size copper disk, foreign perhaps?
 
Interesting OTWBTTC walk you had today. Nice!
I have "learned" to be careful what I ask for....because His sense of humor is one of a kind!

I'd say it's a digger tool just for Blingie, he can climb on the handle, jump a few times and out pops the goodie!
....or you can use it to wedge your way back into the house some cold, blingless night!

Interesting size copper disk, foreign perhaps?

Yes! HIS humor is far and away too deep for me to fathom. Besides, my arms are too short to box with God! LOL

I really don't have a clue about the "tool". :dontknow: Pretty funny though!

I'm not worried about Blingie anymore. I've changed all the locks to ones I can control thru the internet. LOL He CAN'T
lock me out anymore! LOL ;)

The green disk? I'm still trying. :dontknow:

Oh! And the chagrin part I spoke about? You can reach it by clicking on the link at the bottom of my post and just go to the
last one I added. LOL

Thanks!
 
I think it a corner Chisel To Round out the Corner!!! LOL Chug Hi blingie
 
I figured I didn't have a thing to lose so I tried my Muriatic acid, microwave, ultrasound, electrolysis machine on the tiny
little green disk.

After the smoke cleared, this is what's left :
2015 (778).webp2015 (779).webp

For those who can't tell, this is what's left when a clad dime is in the ground long enough to strip off
it's clad. LOL!!

Thanks for peeking!
 
Oh, kinda like the zincs that no longer have their copper coating....but the zincs look ugly inside.

Smart move with the house locks! And thanks for the link!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom