Not what but how?

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings folks, I recently purchased this elaborate set if wind chimes at the Rt 11 crawl. None of the attaching parts were there so I'm having to improvise and figure things out. The set has six resonators and seven tone bars so I expect there were originaly 7 which is a lucky number in lots of eastern cultures. I think they might be Tibetan. Here's a pic of what was in the box.

Brass Wind Chime.jpg
They range in size from 4" to 10" and the tone bars attach to the resonators via studs and thumb nuts.

Here's what an individual chime looks like close up.
Ch1.jpg
The only places you can get a nice crisp tone from them is to strike right on either end of the tone bar. I believe they must have been hung individually because the weight would be pretty significant, so here's an idea that I think might be pretty close.

ch 2.pptx.jpg
In my estimation the three point mounting system is to keep the tone bar aligned with the striker. But what happens if you get a cross wind? Thud!
I've been searching the web for Vintage wind chimes, Vintage wind bells, Antique brass from different countries and have even written some venders overseas but to no avail.

If anyone out there has a photo or has ever seen one of these things I'd sure like to hear from you. Thanks for looking.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I like those. Very nice.:icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread