What's new

notching out everything under a 70 on nox 700, need advice

mnruxpin

Sr. Member
Joined
May 20, 2013
Messages
380
Reaction score
246
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
sup bros, just thinking about notching out everything that under a wheetie singal, like get rid of anything thats not at least a 70 vdi, just want silver tickets. whats the down side of this, just used to water hunting and digging every beep, just no possible on land. hate the constant low numbers sounding off. just wanna hear a beep and dig deep
 
Upvote 0
For a first pass of a site for cherry picking I'd say it's ok ... get the dimes, quarters, silver, etc. Higher discrimination can mask desirable targets, however. Some detectors, like the v3i, allow silencing specific VDI's without discriminating them which would be a better alternative, perhaps. For the gold you'd want to open at least around nickels, but you'd still potentially miss a lot ... some larger gold rings land around zincolns, for instance. Adding up the totals for gold and silver (mainly for sports fields), gold is ~ 20% for me, but that's for my style and what I concentrate on. So, if you find a lot of silver, gold is probably lurking.
 
I run a 700, I open mine up a little more, I notch in 27, 28 and 50 up. I do horseshoe it initially especially in a new spot. The thing is..ive hit older spots where you can tell have been cherry picked for silver, that nickel spot might surprise you if you let it in.
 
I run mine with 27 to 30 then 70 on up at certain locations, Mostly where I know there is going to be lotsa trash. Depending on the location I will go back over with almost stock settings and decide what to dig based on depth, signal strength and a few other variables.
I mostly hunt for wheaties and silver anyway and I got tired of digging caps, and it also has helped alot with iron falsing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom