Nothing found except for personal satisfaction: Revisiting my cemetery restoration project.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I want to share a photograph of my cemetery restoration efforts. All the white markers with black plaques are ones I have made for previously unmarked graves. It has taken countless hours of research to accomplish this and countless hours locating the graves, but my efforts have been gratifying. I still have a long way to go, but since this is a volunteer effort without pay, I don't work on it full-time. I have included a photo of two of the plaques so you can see what they look like.
ADD90509-EEFA-45D8-BEB7-46F831883285.jpeg
Screen Shot 2022-10-08 at 7.51.48 PM.jpg

Upvote 17

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to share a photograph of my cemetery restoration efforts. All the white markers with black plaques are ones I have made for previously unmarked graves. It has taken countless hours of research to accomplish this and countless hours locating the graves, but my efforts have been gratifying. I still have a long way to go, but since this is a volunteer effort without pay, I don't work on it full-time. I have included a photo of two of the plaques so you can see what they look like. View attachment 2049752 View attachment 2049753
I am pretty sure you will be rewarded for your works. I am also sure you have gotten some already. Bless you for your efforts.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to share a photograph of my cemetery restoration efforts. All the white markers with black plaques are ones I have made for previously unmarked graves. It has taken countless hours of research to accomplish this and countless hours locating the graves, but my efforts have been gratifying. I still have a long way to go, but since this is a volunteer effort without pay, I don't work on it full-time. I have included a photo of two of the plaques so you can see what they look like. View attachment 2049752 View attachment 2049753
Iโ€™m sure how challenging and hard it is to do what Youโ€™ve done! Congratulations for what Youโ€™re doing, and Good Job!!! No grave should be unmarked!

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I am pretty sure you will be rewarded for your works. I am also sure you have gotten some already. Bless you for your efforts.
Iโ€™m sure how challenging and hard it is to do what Youโ€™ve done! Congratulations for what Youโ€™re doing, and Good Job!!! No grave should be unmarked!
Thanks Sandog & Digger R.J. ... I find both the work and the research to be very rewarding.

GDub62

Feb 2, 2022
Georgia
Nice work and nice of you to do that. Has any of the family members of the deceased reached out to you for doing this?

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
That's a wonderful thing your doing ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am SO PROUD of you :) Do you pay for the plaques ? or are you paid back ?

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I am SO PROUD of you :) Do you pay for the plaques ? or are you paid back ?
Thanks.. It is all at my expense.

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice work and nice of you to do that. Has any of the family members of the deceased reached out to you for doing this?
A few people have come by to see the progress. They seemed to be genuinely moved.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Creskol you just became one of my HEROES

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANK YOU SIR :))) !!! for your help with those gone :)

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you all. :occasion14:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Creskol where do you get those Plaques made and cost of them if you don't mind :)

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Creskol where do you get those Plaques made and cost of them if you don't mind :)
I order on line from Custom Signs. I get a bulk rate @ $ 10.49 per plaque.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are VERY NICE thank you for sharing :) Do you have there phone number ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread