What's new

Nugget Hunting in Santa Fe N.M.?

JOE(USA)

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
668
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
I've got a few weeks in SF. starting the end of May and want to do some nugget hunting. I've got 40 years experience detecting but Zip on nugget hunting. Can someone give me some tips and locations, regulations etc.?

Joe
 
Upvote 0
I haven't prospected in S.F., but I have farther south in Orogrande. The gold is very fine, you need a dry washer instead of a detector. I've tried my GB 2 in the area and only found bird shot and some very hot rocks. That's not to say there are'nt any big ones ( a friend found a 5ozer in his tailing pile.) just few and far between.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom