Oct 15 finds

azmetaldetector

Sep 22, 2005
Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites MXT Pro
Here are my finds from Oct 15th. They won't get me on KirkPA's top 25, but I'll keep at it.

Found in an empty lot in Phoenix. 24 pennies (18 zincs, 6 modern coppers), a modern quarter, couple of buttons, marble, small bottle, shtogun shell head 'U.M.C. Co. No 16. Union (dates from 1867-1911), some sort of tag that was bent over...tried to straighten it out but broke a piece ohf...remaining piece says 'az-st-ho...' 4-04..', the other metal piece says 'Cleveland-Dill'. I Googled 'Cleveland-Dill', but the only thing that came up was some politician in the early 1900s, and lastly a flattened bell....

Nothing good, but maybe next time.

Attachments

• Oct 15 Phx Lot.jpg
    Oct 15 Phx Lot.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 555
Upvote 0

johny mc.

May 18, 2005
arizona- we call that a potpurri of finds ;D or a plethora......you will get some nice jewelry in your future...mark my words I have espn...........................aloha johny mc

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey az, is the the cleveland-dill item threaded on the inside and can you post a better pic of it?

OP
OP
azmetaldetector

azmetaldetector

Sep 22, 2005
Arizona
Detector(s) used
willie d said:
Hey az, is the the cleveland-dill item threaded on the inside and can you post a better pic of it?

I will do so tonight. Have to have the wife take the pics...(she's the photographer). I do believe that it's threaded. Can you enlighten me as to what you are thinking it might be?

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it might be a tool that removes the insides of a valve stem of a tire

Attachments

• valve stem remover.jpg
    valve stem remover.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 284
  • valve stem remover.jpg
    valve stem remover.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 280

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Yep,, definitely a valve stem remover...
Hey,, you got the end of a steel toed boot,,, the song says all you need is (92) cents,, a steel toed boot,, & a gold plated earring,,, your almost there... ;D
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Cool finds!

OP
OP
azmetaldetector

azmetaldetector

Sep 22, 2005
Arizona
Detector(s) used
willie d said:

Here are the better pics, but it looks like you folks already ID'd it. Is this an older tool or pretty modern?

Attachments

• Cleveland-dill side.jpg
    Cleveland-dill side.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 198
  • cleveland-dill inside.jpg
    cleveland-dill inside.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 161
  • cleveland-dill top.jpg
    cleveland-dill top.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 161

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Judging by your shotgun shell, I'd say it's probably from the turn of the century. Cool finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread