What's new

Odd Button and a Strap End - Sorry about the first pictures.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2007
Messages
2,917
Reaction score
85
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Hi Folks,

Been away from the forum for a bit. Sorry about that. Been a bit rough but it some better.

I went out for a few hours today to try a new place on the North Edisto River southeast of Charleston, SC. I could see two plantation houses that were occupied by Union forces for more than 3 years during the CW. Turn down a chance to hunt this place? Not a chance.

I found some things that I know what they are - a 1782 1/2 Reale, several flat buttons, some musket and pistol balls, etc. but these two things have me a bit stumped.

I have never seen a button like this one before. If it is a button. The shank is way in the top. Just doesn't look "normal." Any ideas as to what and when would be appreciated.

The other is a strap end but I don't know if it is period CW or not. Never found one so I have nothing to compare it to. It has a stamp but the plow had to hit it and make it hard to make out. I'm not sure if they used this type of construction in the middle 19th century or if it came later. So any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Daryl
 

Attachments

  • TNET-10.webp
    TNET-10.webp
    169.5 KB · Views: 172
  • TNET-11.webp
    TNET-11.webp
    86.3 KB · Views: 178
  • TNET-12.webp
    TNET-12.webp
    83.1 KB · Views: 174
  • TNET-13.webp
    TNET-13.webp
    78.2 KB · Views: 166
Sorry about the HUGE pics. Been a bit too long I guess.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
This shows to be a civil war set up here:

civilwar_SwordBelt.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Way cool. If I didn't have to dig 15 beer cans at 10" to get this, I would be much happier about going back. LOL

Thanks!

Daryl
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom