What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Oddballs and oddities

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Messages
3,610
Reaction score
11,521
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800 & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
I hav3 a few things I’d like to get everyone’s opinion on. I’ve posted a couple of the on “ID me” on Facebook but most folks on that page just take WAG’s and don’t have the depth of knowledge I find here…. Anywho, I’ll post several pictures of each item and I’ll let you know what I think they are.
1) small copper ring I found flattened at a revolutionary war militia camp
2)small pie of silver, I see a Cobb, I also see part of a coin, but I also see a rabbit waterskiing
3) toy lead horse, I’m looking for a time frame for age, it was found at a 1730’s house in Connecticut
4) cast lead button with sprue, I argued with a guy for a few hours, he insisted it was a cuff link
5) decorative lead thing, found on the now defunct Boston road
Anyway, let me know your thoughts.
Thank you
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2078.webp
    IMG_2078.webp
    650.5 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_2077.webp
    IMG_2077.webp
    597.5 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2074.webp
    IMG_2074.webp
    705.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2073.webp
    IMG_2073.webp
    705.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2072.webp
    IMG_2072.webp
    736.1 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2071.webp
    IMG_2071.webp
    887.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2070.webp
    IMG_2070.webp
    877.7 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2069.webp
    IMG_2069.webp
    814.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2068.webp
    IMG_2068.webp
    778.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2076.webp
    IMG_2076.webp
    610.6 KB · Views: 87
The silver half I'm thinking it part of a English hammered silver.
Reason is on the second photo there appears to be an inner circle.
Screenshot_20241008_195123_Chrome.webp

As some of these are showing.
20211219_175722.jpg
 
Upvote 4
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 2
Upvote 3
The silver half I'm thinking it part of a English hammered silver.
Reason is on the second photo there appears to be an inner circle.
View attachment 2173095
As some of these are showing.
View attachment 2173094
That's what I thought
I close as I could find on a match for your horse .....Cracker Jacks prize.


View attachment 2173093
Candy coated popcorn peanuts and a prize. That's what you get in Cracker Jacks.👍
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 4
That's what I thought

Candy coated popcorn peanuts and a prize. That's what you get in Cracker Jacks.👍
And some lead😳
 
Upvote 2
I thought of that as well, only thing is it’s fairly thick for its size
Well then my thought isn't going stick to the wall.
The hammered silvers are thin.
Like a Trime.
 
Upvote 3
I hav3 a few things I’d like to get everyone’s opinion on. I’ve posted a couple of the on “ID me” on Facebook but most folks on that page just take WAG’s and don’t have the depth of knowledge I find here…. Anywho, I’ll post several pictures of each item and I’ll let you know what I think they are.
1) small copper ring I found flattened at a revolutionary war militia camp
2)small pie of silver, I see a Cobb, I also see part of a coin, but I also see a rabbit waterskiing
3) toy lead horse, I’m looking for a time frame for age, it was found at a 1730’s house in Connecticut
4) cast lead button with sprue, I argued with a guy for a few hours, he insisted it was a cuff link
5) decorative lead thing, found on the now defunct Boston road
Anyway, let me know your thoughts.
Thank you
Copper ring is very interesting . Find that in NY by any chance ?
 
Upvote 2
2073/2072 is a cast lead button with its Spurl.
 
Upvote 1
Copper ring is very interesting . Find that in NY by any chance ?
No, south central Massachusetts at a rev war muster field we call powerhouse hill in one of the older towns
 
Upvote 1
2073/2072 is a cast lead button with its Spurl.
I had several “ experts” try to tell me it was a cuff link and I was 95% sure it was a button with sprue.
Thanks Cru!!!
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom