What's new

Oil Lamp???

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2011
Messages
2,809
Reaction score
4,474
Golden Thread
0
Location
Stuart VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked this up today for $2. It is 9 3/4 inches tall and 3 inches across the base. Any ideas on what it was used for? Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2515.webp
    IMG_2515.webp
    348.3 KB · Views: 124
looks like a clock weight
 
Upvote 0
It is hollow. The top unscrews and the rope wick goes through the top.
 
Upvote 0
I would say it is a type of lamp, not for indoor lighting but more like a marker or outdoor lighting. I have several old lamps/lights but not one like that, cool.
 
Upvote 0
Tiki lamp is my guess as well.
 
Upvote 0
I was thinking Tiki lamp too, but haven't been able to find any like it.
 
Upvote 0
I was thinking alcohol lamp, but tiki torch might be it also.

AlcoholLamp.webp
 
Upvote 0
Although it's the biggest one I've ever seen I think alcohol lamp also. You might find one on the net with a cap. Most I've seen were short and fat because of the tip hazard.

Nice find!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom