oilfield drill bits

Devil1

Jun 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have about 15 dif sizes, new

Can someone tell me where to find these scrap bits? Any picture of them? I would love to pick them up from your place and pay the top $$$.
This is REAL!!!!

I have from about 3" to 71/2" tri cone and two or three mills. I want to sell them all for bulk price. Email me for info.

[email protected]

Thanks,
Devil1

abdulhaleem

Jul 18, 2013
hello there sid .... i have been looking for used drill bits to buy or scrap drill bits workable ... i am looking to buy 200,300 or more of it all sizes i would like your help if you can where should i look for these ... or any one else who can help.. thanks alot ........................

I work at a manufacturing plant who produces the bits so I know a few things about them.
On the three cone rock bits they start out as forged steel then heat treated to make It very hard.

If you see little buttons on the "cones" those are tungsten carbine. But you will spend more on the process of getting those out than they are worth.

All of them will have hard facing of tungsten carbine placed in strategic locations. No way to get that off either.

I can answer any thing you want to know about them.( as long as it's not against work rules)
I have worked there 21 years and my dad has for 43 years. It's one of the largest and oldest and best drill bit manufactures in the world.

Last edited:

ageecee

Greenie
Jun 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking to buy used drill bits. Any size

337-501-1828

ageecee

Greenie
Jun 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on someone has to have some drill bits they want to get rid of.

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they can be rebuilt sell them to a drill bit rebuilder.

if they are 12 to 16 inch and like new check with water well drillers.

If smaller then 12 inch and in good shape check with non oil field mineral exploration drilling companies.

If around 6 inch check with drilling companies that do open pit blast drilling

wedwes

Greenie
Aug 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
If you ever collect any carbide scrap, I'd be interested in purchasing it from you. Paying top dollar. No limit. Please email me at [email protected] for more information.

Mar 2, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have any tricone drill bits for sale for cheap/scrap price?

Good day everyone,

Does anyone have any tricone drill bits for sale at a scrap/cheap price?
They would need to look ok, with two or more cones easily turned by hand since I will use them for display purposes only. It would be fine if a couple steel teeth were broke off, or a few of the carbide inserts were missing.
I worked in a plant cutting cones and heads for over a decade, and would like to have a few "show pieces" of various types and sizes to explain what I once labored over.
From Texas,
Thank you very much.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work at a manufacturing plant who produces the bits so I know a few things about them.
On the three cone rock bits they start out as forged steel then heat treated to make It very hard.

If you see little buttons on the "cones" those are tungsten carbine. But you will spend more on the process of getting those out than they are worth.

All of them will have hard facing of tungsten carbine placed in strategic locations. No way to get that off either.

I can answer any thing you want to know about them.( as long as it's not against work rules)
I have worked there 21 years and my dad has for 43 years. It's one of the largest and oldest and best drill bit manufactures in the world.

I found three "small" ones. They look like the bore holes about 5" or 6" in diameter and stand only 8" or so, tall. Nothing broken. Any idea what they could be worth?

Thanks,
Bill

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found three "small" ones. They look like the bore holes about 5" or 6" in diameter and stand only 8" or so, tall. Nothing broken. Any idea what they could be worth?

Thanks,
Bill

Make that a total of 6 of this small size. Found three more at a flea market for $5 each. As a "miniature oil field bit", I'm thinking that these will sell for $15 each. Any idea?

Feb 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know if scrap yards take these drill bits they are made from a very hard steel. I have heard of people throwibg them in with other scrap and tearing equipment up with them

I buy them give me a call (580) 768 4215

OP
OP
DemonWolfe

DemonWolfe

Apr 11, 2008
Russell KS.
i still have a few that i would be willing to part with, look to be in decent shape. cant believe this thread is still so close to the top of the page!

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a rebuilt tri cone that no one but a scrap yard would take.
I tried to sell it too drilling companies

It was like brand new and still had the re-builders paint on it.

The problem is they all have a serial number on them plus a re-builders number.

I found the bit at a mine that had been drilled 15 years before and i had a lease on the mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread