NOLA_Ken
Gold Member
- Joined
- Jan 4, 2011
- Messages
- 5,221
- Reaction score
- 4,180
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
- Detector(s) used
- several, mostly Garrett
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I'm stumped...It's brass, and it's a
?(already solved)!
This piece was a surface find in a lot where an early 1900's house was just taken down. It's brass, and it's got a hinged lid, but the lid doesn't cover the whole thing, leaving an open area on the "top" I'm calling that the top because there's a ring there like it would have hung from something. There's a round "stain" of corrosion on the inside which had me thinking there had been a coin inside, but I really don't know.
Any ideas?


?(already solved)!This piece was a surface find in a lot where an early 1900's house was just taken down. It's brass, and it's got a hinged lid, but the lid doesn't cover the whole thing, leaving an open area on the "top" I'm calling that the top because there's a ring there like it would have hung from something. There's a round "stain" of corrosion on the inside which had me thinking there had been a coin inside, but I really don't know.
Any ideas?


Last edited:








