md finds 053.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,234

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_sunny: SAVE THE ROCK--simply get a detector-wouldn't take 1 minute--PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THE SAVE THE ROCK FUND-SEND YOUR EMAIL AND CASH ONLY PLEASE???JOHN - :tard:

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
November 2008 ICMJ magazine Glens big find nice piece of round quartz with a buncho gold in on it.

Just wave a metal detector over it

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If and when you decide to break her open. I recommend using a long chisel and heavy hammer don't forget gloves and goggles. :thumbsup:

Be sure to first place it in a large box to catch and contain all the fragments.

P

pippinwhitepaws

have someone slab that stone open...at least then you get two paperweights, instead of gravel.

utah1066

Nov 10, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
TITAN 3000 XD ,DFX, Minelab X-Terra 705 L Rods
Have it tested i am not sure if i seen some thing like it on t-net or not but a photo of a rock like yours was tested for gold i believe it was about 45lbs and had just under 3lbs of gold in it, :thumbsup:

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500
Build a fire and put the rock in it then fill up a 10 gallon tub with water and a bag of ice, when the rock gets hot just throw it in the ice water and see what happens.

John

P

pippinwhitepaws

DO NOT HEAT GALENA, OR ANY SILVER ORE...unless you need a lead fix.

there is a silver mine here in arizona i pick up ore off the tailings...one can place this ore on a burner, and sweat silver and lead out of the rock...a friend, discharged from the navy for lead poisoning....took a piece home...set it on the bburner in the kitchen...several weeks later after he was discharged from the hospitial....he was real mad at me...even though i told him not too.

the fumes will kill you if you are a sensitive, and make you ill and stupid if you are normal.

it is nasty, not recomended method for removing silver from the rock...

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500
LMAO

i guess common sense is not that common in the navy.

GO ARMY!

101 rules!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread