What's new

Old Aerial Pictures??

diggerdan

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2008
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Does anyone know of a source for these? I'm researching the Eagleton area and would like to try and relate the places that aren't there anymore to the ones that are. I know the RR crossing has been moved, but not much else. Thanks!
 
local or county historical society... it's the very best place.
 
I found some old aerials at our city hall. No historical or preservation society here other than that.
 
No old aerial maps, but http://www.arkansashighways.com. has some great maps of years gone by. They will include EVERY structure in your county in 1936, all mines, gravel pits, and more.

Here's the one for Polk County: http://www.arkansashighways.com/Maps/Counties/1936/mpolk36.tif

VERY large TIF file. After you open it and zoom in, you'll see why it's so big.

Hope it helps.

EDIT: Almost forgot! http://www.trailgauge.org/ has a neat program for your GPS, and will download topos from USGS for back in the 1950's (I think). It also has all structures shown. Of course, this will not include those inside the city limits. It will also project these maps in 3d similar to Google Earth, but only with maps and not photos. It's free for personal use.
 
Try Historicaerials.There,s a bit of a learning curve to figure out their system but very useful as they have a means of overlaying old maps or aerial photos onto newer ones.if it sxists they probably have it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom