Old Ball field turns up 3 Wheat!!!

jraven

Jun 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
I hit an old Baseball field today. I was working to the right of the first baseline. I Found the 3 wheat pennies about 5 feet from each other. Each one was down about 3 inches. Two from 1951 and my oldest coin to date. The 1944! Great start to the season! :o I tried to clean with some water, but the 51's didn't come out to well. The 1944 just happen to be in great shape. Also found a few other coins nothing special, and a ball and a Mustang.

If anyone could give me some cleaning tips for pennies , I would much appreciate it. Thx

Attachments

• 100_0880.jpg
    100_0880.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 314
  • 100_0885.jpg
    100_0885.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 316
  • 100_0900.jpg
    100_0900.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 320
Upvote 0

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
Boil some perioxide in a microwave,put in the wheats.They will bubble madly,when they stop clean them with a Q- Tip soaked in peroxide,you might have to repeat a couple of times.Go back to that site.There is silver there!

OP
OP
jraven

jraven

Jun 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
LI Tom said:
Boil some perioxide in a microwave,put in the wheats.They will bubble madly,when they stop clean them with a Q- Tip soaked in peroxide,you might have to repeat a couple of times.Go back to that site.There is silver there!

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to go out and get some peroxide and definitely go back to hunt or some silver.

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
LI Tom said:
I first heard of the peroxide solution (pun intended) from Joe G, I think, at our Tri-state get together in Staten Island. I tried it myself on a Canadian coin although it wasn't 100% effective. My question to you is "How long do you give the peroxide in the microwave?" I think I tried 30 seconds for a small amount enough to cover the coin.

Silver Fox

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds J :thumbsup:
Hope you find some silver there.

Top Member Reactions