OLD HOUSE SITE STILL GIVIN' IT UP: 1820 LARGE CENT

FloodcityTom

Jun 25, 2020
West Va
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher gold Bug, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hit the Old house site again real early this AM. I decided to use a different machine : my Gold bug with the small loop, this has been an excellent machine for getting in between the trash & finding the good stuff. One of the problems with these old house site is the abundance of cut nails and other bits of iron which can mask good targets, there is a particular area at this site that was likely an old barn/tool shed or whatever that is just covered with cut nails. Using the gold bug proved to be the right move. Lots of itty bitty brass showed up including a tiny cuff button and a crumbling three piece button. The strongest signal pulled up this somewhat worn large cent dated 1820 down about 5 inches.

Attachments

• LCMai (2).jpg
    LCMai (2).jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 145
  • LC! (2).jpg
    LC! (2).jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 69
  • LC2 (2).jpg
    LC2 (2).jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 28

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hit the Old house site again real early this AM. I decided to use a different machine : my Gold bug with the small loop, this has been an excellent machine for getting in between the trash & finding the good stuff. One of the problems with these old house site is the abundance of cut nails and other bits of iron which can mask good targets, there is a particular area at this site that was likely an old barn/tool shed or whatever that is just covered with cut nails. Using the gold bug proved to be the right move. Lots of itty bitty brass showed up including a tiny cuff button and a crumbling three piece button. The strongest signal pulled up this somewhat worn large cent dated 1820 down about 5 inches.
You did well. Congratulations on that Largie!

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You must have a well trained ear sorting through all those signals.... congratulations on the large cent!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FANTASTIC FIND !! Thanks for sharing !!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread