What's new

Old Jar Lid?

Jagdpanther

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2005
Messages
315
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Edge
I'm pretty sure I know what it is but how common and am I going to feel bad about breaking it while digging it up? :'(
 

Attachments

  • august6 018.webp
    august6 018.webp
    191.9 KB · Views: 353
Rings off like a penny signal, then it is 8 to 10 inches deep...trash dumps...they stink.... :tongue3: but at least you are hunting in the right places for older stuff....jgas
 
Upvote 0
They might be common, I do have a few myself. The one I dug this past week was a new one for me...I was shocked when I saw the Iron Cross on the lid. After searching and reading about it, I said to myself it's a first of it's kind for me, so it's a keeper. ;D

:wink: RR
 
Upvote 0
The ones with the cross are from the Hero Fruit Jar Company Circa 1880...I found one in perfect condition. Cool stuff...jgas
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom