What's new

Old spoon that I need help dating and IDing

Joined
Jul 7, 2020
Messages
509
Reaction score
780
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vermont
Detector(s) used
An old radio shack, simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this a while ago last summer and I need some help. I recently got a set of Andres pencils and, when I had frost found this spoon I could not see a makers mark, I cleaned up the place where I thought the mark would be. When I did, I saw the words .T. WM Rogers MFG Co AA. I looked this up and could not find any info on the mark. Any help on this would be very much appreciated. image.webpimage.webpimage.webp
 
Dating flatware is always difficult. Simply based on condition I would guess 1930's give or take a decade.

The 'Wm Rogers Mfg co.' was first used in the late 1800's and continued through most of the 20th C. AA at the end indicates 'silver plate'.

'T' may be for the Taunton plant. Not 100% sure on that.

Your pattern is called Fiddle - introduced in 1872 and likely made well into the 20th C. https://sterlingflatwarefashions.com/SPPatterns/WmRogers3.html
 
Upvote 0
Dating flatware is always difficult. Simply based on condition I would guess 1930's give or take a decade.

The 'Wm Rogers Mfg co.' was first used in the late 1800's and continued through most of the 20th C. AA at the end indicates 'silver plate'.

'T' may be for the Taunton plant. Not 100% sure on that.



Your pattern is called Fiddle - introduced in 1872 and likely made well into the 20th C. https://sterlingflatwarefashions.com/SPPatterns/WmRogers3.html

Thank you!
 
Upvote 0
Cool spoon. I found one just like it years back. Great find...
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom