What's new

Older gold band. Any way to guess age range?

testing123

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2009
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,986
Golden Thread
0
Location
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
Picked this up yesterday at a site that's yielded items from the 1830s to today. There are no markings, so I'm thinking late 1800s, to early 1900s. Is there any way to get more of a guess than that? Figure a plain band gives very little to work with. First gold of the year though!
 

Attachments

  • group resized.webp
    group resized.webp
    107.1 KB · Views: 202
  • ring dirty resized.webp
    ring dirty resized.webp
    115.7 KB · Views: 176
  • ring inside resized 1.webp
    ring inside resized 1.webp
    110.2 KB · Views: 201
  • ring inside resized 2.webp
    ring inside resized 2.webp
    101.8 KB · Views: 203
Upvote 12
Nice! Silver and old gold! Lots if nice finds! Congrats!

Somebody will know I'm sure.
 
I am guessing roughly 4.54 billion years old since that's the age of earth.
 
Thats some awesome "Yellow" there thats what were talking bout !! :headbang::occasion14::headbang:
 
Off hand, the only way I can think about is to have it fully assayed. you might derive some sort of "who made it" based on the alloy composition. Not really worth it to do that though, Just acid test and go, I guess!
 
Hard to pin it down with accuracy - but it certainly doesn't look like a mass production modern band , and from your pictures it
appears to be higher than 14K - I'd guess 18K - as long as I'm guessing, I'll say it could well be 100 years old also .
 
i was thinking it looks more like a turn of the century common 10 K wedding band
 
If it is gold, no marking has me thinking over 100 years, probably 1850-1890.
 
nice yellow stuff :headbang:
 
Very very nice assortment
 
Can't help you with the age of the ring but, I can say Awesome hunt!! Gold ring, silver, and old coins,.
Sweet hunt!!
 
I'm going to have it tested in the next few days. I'm thinking 10k, but chance at 14k.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom