What's new

Oldest Detectorist You Know

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2010
Messages
1,201
Reaction score
992
Golden Thread
0
I have hit 70 myself and slowing down a lot. I remember reading a post once from a tector still doing this in his nineties, if he was being truthful. The internet isn't always cleanly honest.

Curious to know the dinosaur stories of the oldest detectors. It could inspire this seventy year old, tired hunter. TIA
 
I know several in the mid-80"s who out dig us youngsters (I'm 62) at the Diggin in Virginia events :laughing7:
 
The oldest one I knew was Gordon Jenkins who was still at it when he died at 89 years old on January 14, 2023.
 
The oldest one I knew was Gordon Jenkins who was still at it when he died at 89 years old on January 14, 2023.
I am a wee bit older then you but i started in 68 also
 
I went detecting with one of my barbers last year and i think is 84. he was using a detector i got for him., a Whites 6000 hip mount :) He still CUTS HAIR I MIGHT ADD !! 4 DAYS A WEEK 8 hours a day
 
Last edited:
I'm 71 and sill hike 2-3 miles back in to detect, which I have been doing since 1972. The general public has never seen me detect as my digging has always been miles back in.
 
I forgot I have a detecting friend that is 87 and had to cancel his trip to the uk detecting because of his sons illness. He has been to the uk the last 3 years detecting
. his name is Gary Also
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom