What's new

omega DD coil

digging41

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2008
Messages
39
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Does anyone have a DD coil on their Omega and how is it working compared to the stock coil?

digging41
 
Digging I have one on mine but I think the stock 10" works better. More consistent on coins quieter. DD coil does seperate alot better and get better coverage on sweeps!
 
Thanks for the reply I was thinking about getting another coil and was torn between the DD and a sniper coil for trashy areas.

digging41
 
For sure go sniper 5" coil!!
 
I had to stop using my 11 inch coil, always sounded like a orchestra warming up in some areas, to many targets close together.
Switched to the 10 inch and it quieted right down and my finds stayed about the same
 
:read2:
In the field the 10" stock coil is great , it is a concentric style but have noticed when engaging targets it seems detection field really isn't the typical round to cone shape.
It works as a elliptical shape ( even better ) it can work around multiple targets without competing too much with what's in the detection field .
The 11 " works to cover more ground per sweep but really can perform in the worst ground.
The 5" inch is the dark horse .... cherry picker heaven ! This goes deep ... I'm not going to give dumb air test findings but in the ground it rocks ... If I didn't know better I'd think sunray made this coil.

It compares to my s-5 intruder coil for my sov gt. I love that thing.
I use the stock 10 coil more than the 11".

Bottom line : 11" is a hot coil , sometimes a little too hot some soils.
Ran less sens. settings in same soil as stock coil.
Which I thought was a little odd.
 
Looks like I will be getting that 5 inch coil. Will help out immensely in trashy areas of which there is many. Thanks for the input

digging41
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom