BioProfessor
Silver Member
- Joined
- Apr 6, 2007
- Messages
- 2,917
- Reaction score
- 85
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Mankato, MN
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Found in the same area as the Horse Button on the old farm in France. It is about 75% the size of a dime. I think it is bronze but it could be silver with some casting flaws. I have not seen this profile before but it has the "look" of some of the early Greek coins. Since the area was crawling with Romans, it would not be strange to find a coin from Greece.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm out of ideas.
Thanks,
Daryl
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm out of ideas.
Thanks,
Daryl
what's the back like 
Its a 1st Century BC-Early 1st Century AD Celtic Potin. The exact period & tribe, will need a person with the right book or knowledge, I have neither. (maybe some time on the internet may get it)








