FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi there, I found this Buffalo Nickel in a bag of Wheat Pennies. As I was looking through them, I noticed that this Buffalo had somehow gotten mixed in with them. I usually sell a lot of coins on Ebay, so I through it in a lot with a bunch of other silver coins, nickels, and commemoratives. I had dumped them all out on the floor, and while I was counting them, I accidently knocked a magnet off my desk,
it landed in the middle of the pile, and the Buffalo immediatly jumped to the magnet. I picked it up and looked at it, and I noticed that it was a different color than the rest of the nikels. I got another buffalo from the pile and held the magnet up to it, nothing happened. I dropped both of them on the desk, and the unusual one made a dull sound, much like a 1943 steel cent. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before, or have any ideas of what it could be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and HH!

Fox

Attachments

• 5c1.jpg
    5c1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 288
  • 5c2.jpg
    5c2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 283
  • 5c3.jpg
    5c3.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 312

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
You either have an off metal coin in nickel or you have a counterfeit. All canadian coins are pure nickel since they quit being silver and will draw to a magnet. Sometimes the US mint accepts a contract for making coins for other countries. That's what happenned to cause the 1943 aluminum pennies. You could send it to a grading service to determine but in that condition it won't be valued very highly. exanimo, ss

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread