newbieprospector
Full Member
- Joined
- Jun 22, 2006
- Messages
- 152
- Reaction score
- 30
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Williamsburg, VA
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
I was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me an approximate value for this item...I found five (all different though) inside a wall while restoring my house (of course there were many other documents as well...but only 5 prints) they all appear to be late 1800's and taken from the New York Recorder. Not in perfect condition of course but they were in a crawl space that outside air was flowing through so it's amazing they are in the condition they are in. Any glares are caused by the melinex sleeves I have put them in to prevent further deterioration. Thanks.
! I've attached a picture of what the gun used to look like...mine has teeth marks on the handle and no plastic end cap in the barrel though.
just hoping to recoup some of the cost of the restoration with a few items...the rest are going into a display that will be a permanent part of the home since it's in a historic district and will be part of a historic home tour when we complete it...the upstairs served as the school house until the city built a public school in the early 1900's.







