One ring bullet? Late 1800's? Ghost Town find

Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out at the first ghost town of the year. This ghost town was a mining town/tailings area. The mine dates back to 1860. The town FLOURISHED from 1910-1960. Nothing I can find will say when the buildings were built. I found this bullet like thing. At first I thought it was that little metal pointy piece on a chain link fence crossbar. But I took it home and compared it to one I already had in my trash pile. Not even close. I found a website with civil war time period bullets and it was closer of a match. I found the only one ring bullets were made in error. I'm not sure if this could be one of them. If it is from the 1800's that would be sweet! Who knows the age. The ghost town has been in use for quite a while. One can dream. I had a blast st this little ghost town and was surprised to find this and some old tools (which I'll put up later) because the whole site in the 80's was a paintball and general shooting range for law enforcement.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_1454.JPG
IMG_1452.JPG
IMG_1455.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 2
OP
OP
H

Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the chart. I actually tried looking under the 52 sharps ringtail and it led me to other one ring ringtails and they seem to fit very closely.
IMG_1459.JPG
IMG_1458.JPG
The second is confederate. I have an acquaintance who collect bullets so I'll check with that. At work one guy said it should be at least WWII and before. Thanks for the lead!

OP
OP
H

Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully it is what we think it is. That would be cool to find that old of s thing in little old Utah.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting, , I have so many bullets I have dug over the years. None of them are 3 ringers, so I never bothered to try to I.D them. That may take locating a bullet expert first.
Congrats on your finds.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to hunt an old Ghost Town!!!I guess the grass is always greener somewhere else and the finds !!!Cool Thanks for sharing !!Hope you find lots more

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool bullet find! :icon_thumleft:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
AINT NEVER SEEN NO RING TAIL PHEASANT LIKE THAT , MUST BE RARE BREED. NICE FIND.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions