ooooh got sick from a find today

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went up the sierra today and found nothin but drill bits and junk thats been rustin for years. all of sudden on the side of the road i spied unopen beer cans callin me in the smoke filled reflection of the sun. my cousin stopped and i gathered the fruit of the hopps can by can with such care. ;D the beer wuz that southern beer made in a river north of here. :icon_scratch: God smiled on me i know cause i aint got $$$$ for recreation beer :dontknow: well it was cool and i opened a can and smelt it and so far so good. i took a rather large drink and bam i felt it hittin me gut. :-\ ( RATED R ) i threw up breafast, Mountain Dew, gum and other things i couldnt identify. how dumb wuz that. :binkybaby:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soupie said:
And what did you have for breakfast...... :icon_scratch: :laughing9: :laughing9:

This part just kills me....lol
the beer wuz that southern beer made in a river north of here.
cooors light :angry3:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
as you said Super A...."a gift from God"....recon He was telling you a little somethen' somethen'....LOL.....ever go fishing in the high Sierras? Perhaps the devil was fishing back.
found only 2 cents but saw plenty of fish

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you know what the term "skunky beer" means. All beer will develop that skunky odor and taste if it is allowed to cool and heat over period of time. That's why some breweries ship their product cold. Which remindsme of a story, wouldn't you know?
When I was a teen about a hundred years ago we would all go to a certain out of the way park to consume said illegal product.
There was a local deputy sheriff who delighted in harassing us and taking our nector for what we learned was his own consumption. Hence forth we took a bottle of it and carefully removed the cap, poured half out and urinated in it to fill up the bottle. Then we would recap it just as carefully and put it on ice with the rest of the brew. It was marked inconspiciously so we didn't accidentally open it. Sure enough her came "Barney Fife" and took our brew. We laughed our fool heads off just thinking about it and besides we had more in the trunk of one of the cars. We didn't see him around for several weeks after that. When he did finally show up, he just waved and drove off and of course we were rolling on the ground laughing! And as always my stories are 100% true except for the parts I make up. But this one is true. Really. No kidding. I wouldn't lie about something this serious. Monty

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
Now you know what the term "skunky beer" means. All beer will develop that skunky odor and taste if it is allowed to cool and heat over period of time. That's why some breweries ship their product cold. Which remindsme of a story, wouldn't you know?
When I was a teen about a hundred years ago we would all go to a certain out of the way park to consume said illegal product.
There was a local deputy sheriff who delighted in harassing us and taking our nector for what we learned was his own consumption. Hence forth we took a bottle of it and carefully removed the cap, poured half out and urinated in it to fill up the bottle. Then we would recap it just as carefully and put it on ice with the rest of the brew. It was marked inconspiciously so we didn't accidentally open it. Sure enough her came "Barney Fife" and took our brew. We laughed our fool heads off just thinking about it and besides we had more in the trunk of one of the cars. We didn't see him around for several weeks after that. When he did finally show up, he just waved and drove off and of course we were rolling on the ground laughing! And as always my stories are 100% true except for the parts I make up. But this one is true. Really. No kidding. I wouldn't lie about something this serious. Monty
that is soo cool. beg me to teell ya bout the real aa :headbang:

LJHanley06

Aug 19, 2006
Grundage budget was crushed this last month and with nothing in the refrigerator/freezer, I resorted to searching through my Garage for the odd MRE leftover from my USAF days. I had already chowed all the Jalapeno cheese, never cared for the Peanut Butter unless I needed to drop the boys off at the pool.

Rooted through an old cooler, discovering some accesory packets from Gulf War 1 (c.1990). Found a Chocolate Fudge Bar and "let Mikey try it, he'll eat anything" (actually my Nephew Andrew)...he took a bite...initial response was mmmmmm, then the Face...something not right about that right there. I offered the perennial MRE favorite; the Cookie Bar...and timid soul that he is (after a tour in Iraq) he passed...I wolfed half of it in one bite...GOOD AS THE DAY THEY PACKED IT!

That's pretty bad...eating a 20 year old cookie. If I look hard enough, I will find a Turkey Loaf, Beef/Potatoe Slices and a B2 Unit out there as well...US Army/JROTC 1982. NEVER throw any thing away Troops.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrs.oroblanco said:
Do you make it a habit to refund alcohol that is introduced to your gut??? :headbang:

Beth
uuummmm no :wink:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LJHanley06 said:
Grundage budget was crushed this last month and with nothing in the refrigerator/freezer, I resorted to searching through my Garage for the odd MRE leftover from my USAF days. I had already chowed all the Jalapeno cheese, never cared for the Peanut Butter unless I needed to drop the boys off at the pool.

Rooted through an old cooler, discovering some accesory packets from Gulf War 1 (c.1990). Found a Chocolate Fudge Bar and "let Mikey try it, he'll eat anything" (actually my Nephew Andrew)...he took a bite...initial response was mmmmmm, then the Face...something not right about that right there. I offered the perennial MRE favorite; the Cookie Bar...and timid soul that he is (after a tour in Iraq) he passed...I wolfed half of it in one bite...GOOD AS THE DAY THEY PACKED IT!

That's pretty bad...eating a 20 year old cookie. If I look hard enough, I will find a Turkey Loaf, Beef/Potatoe Slices and a B2 Unit out there as well...US Army/JROTC 1982. NEVER throw any thing away Troops.
:o

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Must have been pretty bad then!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Beth

AA - I guess I should have explained that question - I get sick from all beers - my stomach can't handle it - even the smell of beer is a little......well, makes the tummy turn over - some folks can drink liquor but not beer - some folks, its the other way around - and some folks can tolerate all
of it. My ex-brother-in-law could not stand wine of any kind. (which was bad, because, in my family, when dining with the older folks, wine was a must - my grandfather would be insulted if you didn't have a glass of wine - there was a gallon bottle on the table at every meal).

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrs.oroblanco said:
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Must have been pretty bad then!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Beth

AA - I guess I should have explained that question - I get sick from all beers - my stomach can't handle it - even the smell of beer is a little......well, makes the tummy turn over - some folks can drink liquor but not beer - some folks, its the other way around - and some folks can tolerate all
of it. My ex-brother-in-law could not stand wine of any kind. (which was bad, because, in my family, when dining with the older folks, wine was a must - my grandfather would be insulted if you didn't have a glass of wine - there was a gallon bottle on the table at every meal).
nothing you say can alter my respect for your knowledge. 8)

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
If the cans were thrown away without being opened, it must have been bad when they bought it. Or maybe it was just really lousy beer to begin with.... :D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like a couple of good cold beers once in a while. But never more. The medicine I have to take doesn't react well with alcohol. So I have been a tetotaler(sp?) for fifteen years. Yesterday was my 15th anniversary. But I never craved alcohol and didn't drink much to start with. I have seen too many lives ruined by alcohol abuse over the course of my employment, and a couple of family members. I keep a beer or two in the refrig for any guests who might want one, and I have the ingredients for mixed drinks in my cabinet but my wife and I never touch it. (Dang , it might be skunky by now)! It's just not our life style, but I don't condemn those who use it as long as they don't abuse it. Monty

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
I would like a couple of good cold beers once in a while. But never more. The medicine I have to take doesn't react well with alcohol. So I have been a tetotaler(sp?) for fifteen years. Yesterday was my 15th anniversary. But I never craved alcohol and didn't drink much to start with. I have seen too many lives ruined by alcohol abuse over the course of my employment, and a couple of family members. I keep a beer or two in the refrig for any guests who might want one, and I have the ingredients for mixed drinks in my cabinet but my wife and I never touch it. (Dang , it might be skunky by now)! It's just not our life style, but I don't condemn those who use it as long as they don't abuse it. Monty
i have many new problems health wise but ya know , damn the iceberg full speed ahead 8)

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jrandy said:
Hope it wasn't made with the YELLOW RIVER water :D
trust me it wuz sealed :evil7: