Ouch!!........Oh My Freaking Sore Knees. Too Many Knee Bends Today

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
st1.jpg

Got up early today. Headed out with my wife to the market for some fresh produce and some baron & eggs, then headed out of Edmonton to a spot that I had hunted years before. It was productive back then, but even better today. I found about 5 coin spills, with one and two dollar coins in the mix which really bumped up my totals. The best coil on Garrett's for Canadian clad, or probably all coin hunts is a concentric coil. It ID's bottle caps as trash, has good separation qualities if you lift up the coil while swinging over a target. It is very quick and accurate if you pinpoint off the inner front toe, and the way the audio cuts out when pulling the coil towards you tells you how deep the coin/ring is. A sudden cutoff of tone means the target is quite shallow, down to about a little more then an inch. A delayed cutoff means that the target is deeper, and you may just decide to leave it in the ground if you are hunting a manicured sports field. I won't dig any pugs in these areas. It's a good way to get banned from hunting those places. I believe that finding $39.54 is a new record for an afternoon hunt. :thumbsup:

Below is a great breakfast for a hungry fellow who will spend most of the day metal detecting.:laughing7:

bacon.jpg

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pull off those numbers every week, and I think WhadIfind may have to relinquish his throne as the forum clad-killer :laughing7:

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
"BACON ROCKS"

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After a 16 hour day at work and running errands I like your breakfast pic better than your finds pic. Great hunt for sure, but that bacon looks oh so good right now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread