What's new

Our Daylily Bed

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,741
Reaction score
12,697
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of you may remember the daylily and other flower pictures I have posted in the past. Hurricane Michael took out a large portion of our flower bed along with part of my shop. If it hadn't been for the old car I was taking parts from behind the shop that pine would have gone through the shop and got my GTO. I was going to take the parts car to the salvage yard but I think I'll keep it right where it is. After all it saved my Goat!
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1512 2.webp
    DSCN1512 2.webp
    238.6 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCN1508 2.webp
    DSCN1508 2.webp
    394.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 20181015_130033 2.webp
    20181015_130033 2.webp
    328.8 KB · Views: 104
Sorry about the tree problem.

What is the type of car are you restoring...shown in the photo.
 
That one is a 39 Pontiac Series 28 sedan. My wife wants it. It is next in line after I get a 50 Pontiac fastback in my shop restored.
 

Attachments

  • new tires 4.webp
    new tires 4.webp
    254.8 KB · Views: 93
That one is a 39 Pontiac Series 28 sedan. My wife wants it. It is next in line after I get a 50 Pontiac fastback in my shop restored.
I like the stance of that 50 fastback. Does it still have the period chassis under it?
 
I like the stance of that 50 fastback. Does it still have the period chassis under it?

It is stock. Straight 8 with a three speed manual column shift transmission. I had just put all new brakes including lines on before the storm hit. I hope to get them bled before too long and the car will be ready to test drive even if it is only to the street and back.
 
I've got an old photo of a 49' or 50' Chevy my mom and Dad had when they were first married. The first car I remember we had was a 1958 copper color Chevy wagon. My first car was a 1964 Chevelle SS and I sold it to a dear friend back around 1975? Sadly he died, but I know he still had that old Chevy of mine at least 20 years ago. He sure loved his Chevrolets, but maybe ate a little too much Taco John's, as I do remember those days of scooping the loop in downtown Des Moines and hitting Taco John's many times as we were out cruising. His Tombstone is a testament of his love of Chevrolets
 

Attachments

  • c077_tscherter_j_id400154.webp
    c077_tscherter_j_id400154.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 109
Sorry it took out your daylily bed. I am glad no one was hurt.
 
Sorry for the tough weather.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom