steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have an Outlaw.

But the Outlaw is an 8" concentric. Of course the coils are not interchangeable with your Vaquero.

I guess it depends on what you want the Outlaw for. If you want depth, I added a 11x8 to my Silver umax, added several inches in depth in my rusted dirt over the stock 8". I also found an old 8.5 widescan they dont make anymore on ebay, I cant tell any difference in depth between the 8.5 round widescan and the 11x8. I see some dealers have new 8.5 still in stock at $110. The older 8.5 widescan is heavier but it is solid and won't hang up in the brush like the 11x8 skeleton.

You have the Vaquero, why do you want an Outlaw again? Right now, I'm looking for a Tesoro that has the no motion all metal and the Outlaw does that. Wish the Delta line did....
:occasion14:

Last edited:
OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking back at this post, out of the Tesoro lines the Compadre, Mojave, Outlaw, Deleon and the Tejon, I would love to own all of these right now..but realistically I believe it maybe just the Compadre as you mentioned since I already own the Vaq and the Compadre would be the only other detector I would need as a companion , motion, go to, keep it in your vehicle, pull out when you want type of detector for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions