What's new

Pacer ?

c.d.

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2015
Messages
41
Reaction score
47
Golden Thread
0
Location
WV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a pacer/defib and was wondering if anyone else on here detected with one. I checked with Medtronics (pacer manufacturer) and they said just keep the coil 24 inches from my device. Any tips or advice? Just started MD'ing and really enjoy it!
 
Don't have one but if the manufacture said 24" make sure you do that.
 
Does that include handheld probes?
 
If you do a google search of metal detecting and pacemakers you will find a number of posts on the subject. But about the only time you get close to your coil is possibly when you are digging. Just remember to set it down to the side before you start your dig.
 
You also might want to look at VLF detectors that take four AA batteries vs. some of the PI models.

Are you using cell phones now?
 
Yes I use a cell phone and have never had a problem. I did get a magnet a little to close once and it sounded like an ice cream truck coming from my pacer! No harm done just an odd feeling having bell ringing coming from your chest!
 
I have had 2 of them no problem, If you like to dance, don't ever dance in front the wall to floor speakers. pm me if you like. JIM
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom