Park Hunt Today: 1906 Large British Penny

Nathanonline

Oct 31, 2015
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever had your first target of the day be your best target of the day? It's a weird feeling, on one hand you are excited about what the rest of the day holds, but when it is all done you're left scratching your head about where the rest is. Within 2 minutes of hunting a park I've never tried before, I found myself digging out a 1906 King Edward VII British penny. Later in the hunt I dug a nice little Vietnam veteran device, the rest of the day was all modern coins.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    725.5 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 5

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on digging that sweet old coin and the pin. :occasion14: The 1st target being being a keeper charges you up for a few hours, looking for number 2. :icon_thumleft:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find I went out once and the first find right away was a gold class ring I was happy the rest of the day if I got any other good stuff or not was just a plus Nice!!!!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful find.
And yeah, I've had a few of those days where I've walked right up and found something great. One time it was my first 10K gold class ring and just minutes later; after deciding to return the ring to the owner I got a hit and dug a beautiful 14K necklace. I was just floored. I'll never forget that one; double gold in no time flat. I felt like everything was perfectly aligned in the universe that day and that I was on the receiving end of a little instant Karma for choosing to return the ring. Definitely a hunt to remember.

Too bad I didn't have enough sense to go buy some lottery tickets.

One other time I walked to a spot on my last hunt of the year and got a beautiful high signal. Then my" lifetime guarantee" digger broke. I paced the spot out between two trees. I came back in the spring and immediately walked right to the spot and dug up a beautiful 1807 draped bust LC. That's another one I'll never forget.

But that's a big beautiful old copper you got there. Big congrats on that one. And it's still really early in the dirt fishing season.
Hopefully there will be many more.

Last edited:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Large Cent Nathan. There have been many times when my first dig was my best & then that was it. Now when I go out and that happens, I say to myself I should just go home now.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Large Cent Nathan. There have been many times when my first dig was my best & then that was it. Now when I go out and that happens, I say to myself I should just go home now.

Funny how it works that way isn't it.
Sometimes you start out good and get on a roll/ other times you get something great and get all hypes up for a good run and get nuthin'.
We gotta' take the good with the bad though. Any chance I get to hunt at all is a good day. I just love to get out there and know that I art least have a chance at something good or at the very least; interesting.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not so much large as normal size for a Penny:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions