streakert

Aug 1, 2013
central Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Minelab CTX 3030,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I had an hour + to hunt before my hair cut, so I hit this park across from my barber. Older park in a small town I worked the tot lot then moved over next to the pavilion, not paying attention an old gentleman shouted out "ya find anything" I told him no not really a few clad coins, we shouted back in forth a few minutes while he played solitaire. Not finding anything or really interested in park hunting I turned my machine off and sat down, we had a nice chat and then I had to leave for my hair cut we said out good buys he wished I would fine a million bucks.
Moral of my story.
My best find of the day was good conversation with a random gentleman. Kinds reminded me of my grandfather.
No pics of the clad!

Upvote 9
Nice, I would say my most rewarding finds have been similar. We jumped on the paddle board band wagon this summer, I get to poke around the beach at local reservoir with my detector. I don't get to hunt hard as it's while the beach is busy and I might just grab the detector to few . The kids are curious and start to fallow me around. I will hand them the pin pointer and let them recover , and keep, the coins. They get super excited at each new beep. They also redeposit most of them while digging frantically at the next signal. I have also made the detector signal on a kids shoes and pretended to pull a coin from his sock. His jaw hit the ground and sprinted to his mom to tell her the story. Most rewarding was a kid that had lost his metal at the beach and got the "hey mister"..... Why the hell you would be playing with your precious sports award in the sand is beyond me, but it took me all of about two seconds to recover it . The kid was amazed and thanked me repeatedly. That was a good feeling. I have thought about signing up for one of those find my ring sites cause those kind of recoveries are fun and rewarding.

Last edited:
good story/great life outlook.

maybe play some poker with him and get some coins that way:thumbsup:

Old Gentlemen can be invaluable resources for info. Food for thought. 😁 I love talking to the older old-timers I run into while searching.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back