Parking Meter lot pays off

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
My son and I took our dogs for a walk Sunday morning. We walked through a parking lot with parking meters. We walked away with $1.35 in change and change purse (no ID) with a $25 gift card to the Fashion Bug. We have never been skunked walking thought the lot, even in the dead of winter and snow on the ground. I figure people are less likely to pick up change in wet snow and I think it helps that there are a lot of trendy bars in the area and patrons leaving the bar with a little to much to drink helps with the pocket spills.

Gordon

Silverhawk

Oct 6, 2006
Seattle, WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett THD Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds. I always take my walk back from the parking lot in between the cars (where the meters are) and keep my eyes open. Occasionally, I find some chance as well.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have done better than me some days with my using a metal detector :icon_thumleft: I would also look for meters near bars as the people that tend to leave those establishments are a bit more careless too. Welcome to T-Net

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gordon r said:
My son and I took our dogs for a walk Sunday morning. We walked through a parking lot with parking meters. We walked away with $1.35 in change and change purse (no ID) with a $25 gift card to the Fashion Bug. We have never been skunked walking thought the lot, even in the dead of winter and snow on the ground. I figure people are less likely to pick up change in wet snow and I think it helps that there are a lot of trendy bars in the area and patrons leaving the bar with a little to much to drink helps with the pocket spills.

Gordon
In before the people that say "You are a bad person for not putting an ad in the paper and/or drawing up banner in your own blood for keeping that Hello Kitty wallet.You have shattered my faith in humanity" (if you cant tell by my tone im being over the top) :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread