What's new

Peabody Suspender Buckle, Ring, Adena Point and Other Goodies

Blueblood

Full Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2013
Messages
227
Reaction score
292
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goal today was Indian artifacts but migrated to the top of a ridge by the river where a house once stood prior to 1946. The Newer house on the property nearby was built in 1913. It is unclear when the oldest house was torn down but was gone before 1946. I found the old brass ring with what looks like a stamped "18"(plated?) and citrine stone in a brass within inches of each other. And, as I looked down nearby, found an awesome point! I have found them here before but not on this ridge. I believe it's an Adena/early to mid archaic beaver tail point. Found a neat Peabody suspender buckle and a "Venus" pat. dec. 10, 1887 oil lamp part. Lots of iron too! Promising site for sure.
1002374_10208500554455510_1922408539320011261_n.webp10672036_10208500555535537_5523513747702469510_n.webp11245501_10208500554735517_1397902098718747517_n.webp12039202_10208500556375558_4813635517554361209_n.webp12065674_10208500556855570_6910615064259406115_n.webp12096409_10208501677363582_4086501090017829226_n.webp12106979_10208501647602838_468929571654350890_n.webp12107151_10208500555375533_5089422419138338265_n.webp12108927_10208501542120201_2727773331442735063_n.webp12112288_10208500555855545_5348309304426018166_n.webp12115935_10208500556015549_7023877728326240609_n.webp12122940_10208500558895621_260410380182199381_n.webp12140584_10208500556975573_6493487272329834937_n.webp
 
Upvote 10
I found that same little white " button/knob " a couple weeks ago. Cjon and I thought it was probably a choke knob. Is yours threaded on the back? I like the suspenders clip.
 
Nice relics.Keep searching that site since there might be old coins where that kind of items were found.
 
I agree looks like a promising site.:thumbsup: Congrats on pulling those cool artifacts. :occasion14: Love that brass ring. I have never pulled a brass ring but have dug a few copper rings.
 
Nice assortment of finds,, only a matter of time before it shows some silver. Congrats
 
I found that same little white " button/knob " a couple weeks ago. Cjon and I thought it was probably a choke knob. Is yours threaded on the back? I like the suspenders clip.

Hi! The reverse is in the photo above the "Peabody" and left of the citrine jewel.
 
Nice relics.Keep searching that site since there might be old coins where that kind of items were found.

My mom, a-hemmmm, I mean my beautiful wife just informed me she is hanging with with some church friends today. I'm heading back! Ha! Fall break for our kids here and spending a little more time around the home than usual.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom