What's new

Penny Jar and finally weighed my 82s

klava

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2007
Messages
432
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor
Penny Jar and finally weighed my 82's

A friend from work brought her penny jar for me to look through. Not sure how many there was but it was a bunch lol.

8 wheats:
37
42
44
45d
49d
50d
57
58d

7 Canadians
53
66
67
84
93
00
00

Misc:
59:2
59d:4
70s:2
73s:1
74s:1
BU 63

18 rolls of copper cents


I also took my 82's to work and finally weighed them out. i eneded up with.

486 copper
67 zinc

so 87% of them were copper. For the hand sorters who keep copper you are throwing away alot of copper if you throw your 82's back.

I am now around 65 dollars in copper cents for the year.

HH
-K
 
Upvote 0
Re: Penny Jar and finally weighed my 82's

Yeah i had saved up like 15 bucks worth of 82s until i finally got a machine that can determine copper from zinc. I'd say a good 80% were copper. Did you give her a tip for the copper and wheats or was she just glad to get rid of some of the pennies for face value? :)
 
Re: Penny Jar and finally weighed my 82's

Im paying face and rolling her zincers up for her. Its win win for me. i searched them at work and will roll them at work lol I love doing my hobby while getting paid lol
 
Re: Penny Jar and finally weighed my 82's

I keep my 82's, but I never got around to weighing them yet. Now that you have the copper, you should separate them by small date variety.
 
Re: Penny Jar and finally weighed my 82's

Good job on all the keepers. I only keep the copper cents that I get in pocket change not from CRHing. It would be way too many to save so I drew the line there. I use my Whites XLT detector to check the 1982 cents. The copper reads higher than the zinc. Good luck and keep them wheaties coming!
 
Re: Penny Jar and finally weighed my 82's

Good job on all the keepers. I only keep the copper cents that I get in pocket change not from CRHing. It would be way too many to save so I drew the line there
ditto....wouldn't have the room for all the ones found while searching :thumbsup:
 
Re: Penny Jar and finally weighed my 82's

if my silver totals don't pick up soon i am going to try pennies for a while and do copper. anyone here got a ryedale? if so tel me a little about it
 
Re: Penny Jar and finally weighed my 82's

I still don't understand the value in saving the copper cents. And I've got a bunch. :icon_scratch:
 
Re: Penny Jar and finally weighed my 82's

Reydales are great! I ended up trading mine off due to the lack of getting alot of pennies at a time plus i can only afford to do a certian amount and save a certian amount. I also love hand sorting as i like to pick out alot of coins that others dony.

Google reacent and check out the forums there all kinds of great info on ryedales and the value of copper.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom